By doing this it brought incredible success


Recently, I was in a conversation with a young man who mentioned to me some things he wanted to accomplish in his life.  As an fyi, we’ve been meeting together every couple of weeks in a mentoring kind of relationship.

As I reflected later about our conversation, I got to thinking that I hear much of the same thing at each of our meetings.  I hear “I wanna do this, or that”, but each time we get together minimal progress is made and many “I wanna do this or that’s” are said.

I believe the issue for my friend is his intentionality about setting up a plan and making the necessary adjustments in his lifestyle to accomplish his goals.

With this current situation in my mind, I came upon this brief excerpt from Keith Ferrazzi’s excellent book, “never eat alone” and thought it so  interesting:

“In SUCCESS magazine, there was a study where researchers asked Yale’s class of 1953, a number of questions.
-three had to with goals:
Have you set goals?
Have you written them down?
Do you have a plan to accomplish them?

-it turned out that only 3% of the Yale class had written down their goals with a plan of actions to achieve them. 13% had goals, but had not written them down. Fully 84% had no specific goals at all, other than to “enjoy themselves”.
In 1973, when the same class was resurveyed, the differences between the goal setters and everyone else were stunning. The 13% who had goals that were not in writing were earning, on average, twice as much as the 84% of students who had no goals at all. But most surprising of all, the 3% who had written their goals down were earning on average, ten times as much as the other 97% of graduates combined!”

So, what is important to you?

Have you identified you long-term goals?

Can you think of some small steps you can take to accomplish these goals?

Have you written these goals down?

Have you shared your goals with a friend to receive from them encouragement, accountability, prayer, and support?


As a further help to accepting responsibility for all the areas of your responsibilities (and building close relationships as you do), check out this App I’ve created:

You can visit either the App Store (for IPhones) Foundations Life Management app for IPhone devices

or go to the Google Play Store-



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s