We all go through them, so what practical things can we do when we go through these tough times:
- Communicate with those closest to you— find support and encouragement from others
- Question what are the priorities at the moment – find a way to back off from the situation and clear your head—take time to think
- Are you in a position to delegate to others?- again, find support from others to help you, you don’t need to go it alone
- Do you need to just endure for a “season”? – sometimes we just need to endure because there won’t be any “quick fixes”
- Find time to rest – take your foot off the gas, find the time to clear your head and relax, and/or take a retreat, we were never meant to go 24/7/365
- Pray – unfortunately for many, prayer is a “last resort”, but it actually be a part of our life all the time. God is so willing to help, if we just ask
- Question to learn “are you responsible for the pressure?” – pressure times can offer a valuable time to learn. Why has this situation happened? What are some different ways to work through the tough time? How could I have handled things differently? Who or where can I turn to for advice on how to handle situations like this in the future?