Do you realize that February 4th, 2016 is half over and it will never occur again? Why do I mention it like that? It’s because if you are anything like me, this day will be over before you know it.
I understand that you have a bunch of things racing around in your mind. You have concerns over your finances. You have thoughts about an upcoming business trip or vacation on your mind. You have concerns over your kids performance at school, on their sport’s team, or in their club. You have pressures coming to you at work. On an on it goes with just lots of stuff on our minds. I hope I’m not the only one that’s like this 🙂
Well, this post is about easing up a little and adding something new for you to think about —ENJOYING THIS ONE AND ONLY DAY before it’s over and the people who are most special to you.
So, here are some random ideas for you on Enjoying this Day:
- Pay the toll for the person behind your car and smile as you pull away looking at what happens in your rear view mirror
- Contact an old friend on Facebook
- Take a walk (also with your wife) and thank God for all His goodness to you
- Write an encouraging note to someone
- Treat your family to unexpected ice cream or pizza—just because
- Buy flowers for your wife
- Call a parent
- Offer to help a neighbor with a project
- Treat a friend to lunch
- Be intentional and do something nice for someone >>go beyond good intentions and do it
ENJOY YOUR DAY!